Wageningen launches Aquaculture Research and Education (W-ARE) initiative. https://t.co/aCsPdP7XDz#oceaninnovation #blueecononomy #oceaneconomy #aquaculture #seaweed #climatechange #globalwarming #plasticfree #zerowaste #oceandecade #saveourocean— OCEANOVATION (@oceanovation) April 25, 2022
- Alternative proteins are estimated to make up 33% of global protein consumption by 2054, and algae are predicted to account for 18% of the alternative proteins market by the same year.
Alternative proteins could make up 33% of global protein consumption by 2054 with #algae accounting for 18% of the market, reports @EU_Commission.— EIT Food (@EITFood) May 13, 2022
Want to learn more about algae and its potential to diversify healthy & sustainable diets?
Visit our blog👉https://t.co/HTRiUHDv4L pic.twitter.com/Yo5srFU4mw
- UK's first dedicated Seaweed Academy launched at Oban.
Great to see the launch of @SAMSoceannews #seaweedacademy this week.🌱— Scottish Seabird Centre (@SeabirdCentre) April 28, 2022
This amazing facility will support the expansion & skills development of the #seaweed aquaculture industry⬇️
UK's first dedicated Seaweed Academy launched at Oban… https://t.co/3AYILgRMYN via @pressjournal
- The Scottish government has pledged to join the ‘the Blue Carbon International Policy Challenge’, which will provide seed funding for projects in sectors including seaweed aquaculture.
The Scottish government has pledged to join the ‘the Blue Carbon International Policy Challenge’, which will provide seed funding for projects in sectors including seaweed aquaculture.#seaweed #aquaculture #bluecarbon https://t.co/wGDzqgfNh9— The Fish Site (@thefishsite) April 22, 2022
- Britain launches offshore seaweed farm that’s a boon in the climate change battle.
Britain launches offshore seaweed farm that’s a boon in the climate change battle https://t.co/nwwLUEJAjI via @GNGAgritech #biomass #Britain #carbon #climate #climatechange #crystals #environment #farm #forest #getgreengetgrowing #gngagritech #greenstories #nature #seaweed— Greenstories - Stories about mother earth (@GNGAgritech) May 2, 2022
- In the USA, the BLUE GLOBE Act is one step closer to becoming law, which is great news for Alaska’s fisheries and coastal communities.
- Australia's next crop of commercially farmed seaweed could be coming out of Gippsland after preliminary study results showed promise. Gippsland has over 600 kilometers of beautiful pristine coast and also a really strong agricultural history and network.
Australia's next crop of commercially farmed seaweed could be coming out of Gippsland after preliminary study results showed promise.https://t.co/X8FyQezb5v#seaweed #university #australia #water #aquaculture #research #kelp #gippsland #farming— SEAGRICULTURE (@SeAgriculture) April 26, 2022
- The idea that seaweed can help reduce carbon emissions should not be rejected altogether, but it comes with several shortcomings: Study
'Can #seaweed save the #climate?': "No, but it comes with different potential that deserves more research, new study says" | @sthlmresilience https://t.co/O9pF3lcffP #kelp #aquaculture #mariculture #CarbonFarming #oceans #regenerativeagriculture #BlueCarbon #CarbonRemoval #eco— Kaskadia (@kaskadia) April 24, 2022
- Studies show that kelp can be used in treatment of hair loss.
Is seaweed an all-natural way to fight hair loss? Studies show it may work wonders! Here's what you need to know about using seaweed powder for hair growth. https://t.co/iC5jDR6bFV #hairgrowth #haircare #acadianseaplus pic.twitter.com/V9Dee1Ol8E— Acadian SeaPlus (@AcadianSeaPlus) April 20, 2022
Cascadia Seaweed receives grant funding of $500,000 from AAFC to establish a scientific process to identify beneficial compounds in seaweeds for cattle feed.
- Springtide Seaweed is due to receive $649,651 to develop innovative nori and dulse seaweed cultivation systems, enabling these high-value crops to be farmed in the US and globally.
- Seaweed snack start-up based out of Grimsby, UK secured a big retail deal in the Middle East to stock its seaweed products in one of the region’s largest supermarket chains Lulu Group.
Grimsby food company is hoping to take the Middle East snacking scene by storm after securing a deal to stock its seaweed products in one of the region’s supermarket chains. #Seaweed #Snack #LinkedIn @HumberBizEd @DaveLaister @KevinTilstone @healinggent https://t.co/KjN3zmdcH6— | Let's Eat Seafood | LetsEat.Fish (@FisheliciousUK) April 26, 2022
- Zeewaar, the first Dutch organically certified seaweed farm, has been bought by The Seaweed Company.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc. is collaborating with Atlantic Sea Farms, a regenerative kelp aquaculture company based in Maine on its Cranberry Kelp Cubes, which are composed of Kelp puree, cranberry puree, and cranberry seeds.
- Ben & Jerry’s is cutting the carbon footprint of your ice cream.
Seaweed trial to reduce cow burps at 15 farms, dubbed "Project Mootopia": Ben & Jerry’s is cutting the carbon footprint of your ice cream https://t.co/lWfcMInmWz #foodtrends #dairyindustry #carbonfootprint #icecream #seaweed— Jo-Ann McArthur (@jo_annmcarthur) May 13, 2022
- Fonterra, a New Zealand dairy co-operative partners with Australian company Sea Forest, is looking at the potential Asparagopsis seaweed has in reducing methane in a grass-fed farming system.
New Products: LOLIWARE, An USA company announced that they have developed the first seaweed pellet created from natural biomaterials to replace plastic at scale.
- UC San Diego Scientists launching the world’s first biodegradable shoes through the company Blueview.
- IFF’s Nourish division has rolled out a “nutrient-dense hydrocolloid” from red seaweed to stabilize plant-based milks. Launched in the US, SeaFlour is positioned as a non-allergenic “seaweed flour” or “natural seaweed” with high-suspension abilities.
Kelp restoration guidebook launched this month shares lessons learned from projects in Tasmania and around the world.
- Seaweed farming to reduce carbon emissions.
- The food production of the future is in the sea.
- Seaweed to reduce methane emission in cows/seaweed as cattle supplement.
- Seaweed uses in fashion/clothing.
- Algae is a source of Omega-3s, DHA, EPA, Iodine, etc.
- Seaweed uses in alcohol.
- Algae uses in medicines including cancer, and diabetes.
The oldest plant on earth protects us from many modern dangers, including radiation poisoning, heart disease, inflammation, and cancer. Thank you @pauljimerson for photos. #seaweed https://t.co/coMn8sWZUp— Greeny (@wildgreenchild1) May 14, 2022
- Seaweed is a source of a range of vitamins and minerals, including iodine, calcium, and iron.
- Notpla, alternate plastic from seaweed.
- Seaweed in Food, snacks, etc.